Judges Sue Moorcroft, novelist, and Rory Waterman, poet and senior lecturer in Creative Writing at Nottingham Trent University, will be announcing and reading the winning entries of the 2018 competition.
Sharon Priestly will be presenting the Bedford Prize to a local writer.
Charity donations will be made to “Just be a Child” and women’s refuge in Bedford, Bedford.
Our Programme for this Evening:
• 6.30pm. Doors Open. Please enjoy drinks at the bar.
• 7.00pm. Welcome by Judith King: Chair of the BIWC committee
• 7.10pm Presentation of Donations to this year’s charities:
Butterfly House Women’s Refuge, Bedford
Just be a Child. ( Dr. Lenka McAlinden)
• 7.30pm The Results by this Year’s Judges, Presentation of Prizes and Readings from Winning entries.
Rory Waterman: Poetry
Sue Moorcroft: Short stories.
Sharon Priestly: Bedford Prize story
• 8.45pm Vote of Thanks to the judges
• 9.00pm Please join us in the bar for a chance to chat with the judges, writers, readers and committee members.
*Timings are approximate